Mushy soft tofu days are over!! Hallelujah!
Baked tofu is perfectly crisp on the outside and soft and chewy on the inside. Once you have it baked, you can’t eat tofu any other way. Trust me, it’s life changing.
Baked Tofu Scallion Stir Fry is an easy and healthy dish to make any day of the week. The tofu is baked then stir fried with red leaf lettuce and my Ssam sauce to give it a sweet, spicy, and nutty flavor. Toss it over a bed of rice for a satisfying, tasty, no guilt meal.
The thinly sliced scallion salad is seasoned with soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil, and gochugaru. It adds a tangy freshness to this dish and perfectly compliments my Ssam sauce.
Always have extra Ssam sauce on hand to drizzle over top of the Baked Tofu Scallion Stir Fry while eating. Just refrain from licking it straight from the spoon! Actually, that’s ok too! I also top the stir fry with roasted garlic left over from the sauce as a finishing touch! As always, serve it with a side of kimchi.
This Baked Tofu Scallion Stir Fry is a healthy dish that will keep you feeling good all day long. If you get a chance to try it, leave me a message and share you thoughts!
- 1 package extra firm tofu
- 1 cup chopped red leaf lettuce or baby spinach
- 3 Tbsp Ssam sauce + more for seasoning
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 cup julienned scallions
- 2 tsp vinegar, rice or white
- 1 tsp gochugaru
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- ½ tsp granulated sugar
- sesame seeds (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Wrap block of tofu in clean kitchen towel and sit a heavy cast iron skillet or heavy pan on top for 20 minutes to remove excess water
- Cut tofu into 1 inch cubes and lay flat on parchment paper and bake for 30 minutes
- Meanwhile, make seasoning for scallion salad. Combine vinegar, gochugaru, soy sauce, sesame oil, sugar in bowl.
- Juilenne scallion and set aside.
- After tofu finishes baking, add directly to wok or skillet on medium heat and add 3 Tbsp Ssam sauce and mix well. After 2-3 minutes the tofu will brown and caramelize. Take off heat and toss in chopped red leaf lettuce and mix.
- Add the scallions to the seasoning and sprinkle sesame seeds on top
- Plate on top of tofu and serve all over a bed of rice.