The sun is finally out. Shorts are finally on. What does this all mean, friends? Spring is finally here!
Spring weather is the perfect time to make, share, and eat my Kimchi Slaw. It’s light, refreshing, and crunchy so it perfectly complements a grilled burger or fish tacos. Kimchi Slaw tastes sweet, tangy and a little spicy. Everything a refreshing side dish should be!
Kimchi Slaw takes 10 minutes to prep and come together. Not only is it quick and easy to make, it’s also fresh and healthy. Talk about a winning dish!
Kimchi Slaw is lightly dressed in an asian vinaigrette made with 5 simple ingredients. Oil, kimchi juice, soy sauce, sesame oil, and agave create a sweet and spicy dressing. Pour this over the slaw and toss to coat for an addicting bite.
Kimchi Slaw makes an excellent side dish, but it becomes a nutritious, well balanced meal when you add your favorite protein of choice. For a vegan option, make this slaw with my vegan kimchi. It’s s foolproof dish that will keep you feeling healthy and fit all day long!
I have a really good feeling you’re going to LOVE this slaw!
If you love kimchi…
If you like unprocessed, raw food…
If your future holds a summer time getaway and tankini…
Then this slaw has your name all over it!!
- 2 cups red cabbage, quartered and thinly sliced
- 1 cup granny smith apple, cored and julienned
- 1 cup carrots, julienned
- ¼ cup kimchi, chopped
- ½ cup scallions, chopped
- ¼ cup crushed cashews
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup kimchi liquid
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- ½ tsp sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp agave or honey
- combine the red cabbage, apple, carrots, kimchi, scallions, and cashews in bowl
- mix together the wet ingredients - vegetable oil, kimchi liquid, soy sauce, sesame oil, agave
- pour 3-4 Tbsp (depending on your likeness) of vinaigrette onto slaw and mix well
- let sit at least 30 minutes before serving but best if it sits overnight sealed in refrigerator. Keeps up to one week
- garnish with sesame seeds before serving